Planning for the Uninstall
The restarting of TCP/IP is an essential step in the uninstall process described below and so it is recommended to plan the uninstall prior to system IPL. If you choose to restart TCP/IP without IPL, remember that terminating TCP/IP results in stopping most networked activity including 5250 emulation.
Deactivation and Uninstalling
1. The product must be deactivated before uninstalling. Proceed as follows:
2. Sign on to the iSeries with user BSAFE. On the Bsafe/Global Security screen select the SYSTEM menu, then select the Bsafe/Global Security Activation option. Insert N in every field and press F16 to apply. You have now inactivated the Bsafe/Global Security security system and it will no longer protect your iSeries.
3. Go to the System IDS Collector. Select and run option, Uninstall Alert Collector.
4. Go to the IDS Collector. Select and run option, Uninstall Alert Collector.
5. Press F3 in order to exit from Bsafe/Global Security.
6. At the iSeries command line type:
7. Find the following exit points by paging through the list. If there are more than one occurrence of these then check each one.
QIBM QSY CHG PROFILE
QIBM QSY CRT PROFILE
QIBM QSY DLT PROFILE
QIBM QSY RST PROFILE
Enter an ‘8’ by each exit item to display its exit point programs, then remove each exit point program using option ‘4’.
8. If you don’t want system auditing to continue then do the following:
a. Run the Bsafe/Global Security GUI. Select Audit Policy and clear the "Active Audit Control" check-box. This action will stop system audit data collection.
b. If the System Auditing Journal did not exist at installation time, and a new system journal and receiver were created in library RMTFIL, delete these objects by executing the following 2 commands from the iSeries command line:
DLTJRNRCV JRNRCV(RMTFIL/AUD*) DLTOPT(*IGNINQMSG)
9. Execute the commands:
ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(BSAFEINST)
ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(BSFAPCH)
10. Execute the commands:
RMVJOBQE SBSD(QSYSWRK) JOBQ(RMTOBJ/BSFLOGJQ)
RMVJOBQE SBSD(QSYSWRK) JOBQ(RMTSMP/BSFIRCVJQ)
11. If you planned to perform an IPL, do so now. If not, restart TCP/IP. This must be done before removing the Bsafe/Global Security libraries.
12. Remove the following libraries (after IPL or restarting TCP/IP):
§ RMTDBCS (this library will only exist if you have been using the DBCS version of the product)
13. Check to see if there are any scheduled entries in the iSeries scheduler. If any Bsafe reports or the Bsafe log purge have been placed on the scheduler, these should be remove manually. Firstly, display the jobs currently placed on the scheduler by entering the following command:
Then, enter ‘4’ (remove) for all entries displayed and press Enter.
Uninstalling the Product on the PC Client
14. Exit all active Windows programs.
15. Stop the alert collector. To do this right-click the Bsafe/Global Security alert collect icon in the system tray and select the option Stop Alert Collector.
16. Uninstall the Bsafe/Global Security PC client by opening the Windows control panel, selecting ‘Add/Remove programs’, then selecting ‘Remove’ for Bsafe/Global Security.
17. Upon receiving a message that all the components have been removed, press OK.
* * * Bsafe/Global Security has now been removed from your system * * *